Date: June 1, 2023
Your privacy is of great importance to us at Leyden Labs. In this privacy statement we will explain how we use your personal data during the job application process.
This privacy statement does not apply to our existing employees, contractors or clients, or to other personal data that Leyden Labs collects for other purpose.
Furthermore, the general privacy statement for Leyden Labs describes how Leyden Lab processes personal data from anyone using our website.
What we collect
(a) Contact information: your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number;
(b) Information regarding your qualifications: details on your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history;
(c) Data concerning health: special categories of personal data concerning your health, for example in relation to a disability, will only be processed by Leyden Labs, if you disclose this information to us, so that we are able to make proper arrangements to support you during an interview (for example, provide you a handicapped parking spot). We will not ask for this information during or after the job application procedure. In no way will any disclosed information be used at your disadvantage, except in cases where a disability makes it technically impossible to perform the job you apply for (in which case you are legally required to disclose this information).
Ways we collect your personal data
- We mainly process information you directly provide to us, for example using our job application submission system or during an interview. Minimally required are your name, contact information and resume.
- We may collect personal data relating to you through third parties, namely a) any references you have optionally provided; b) third parties who recruit on our behalf, such as any recruitment agency; c) professional social media platforms, such as LinkedIn and recruitment platforms, to which you have signed up.
Purposes and legal grounds for processing your personal data
- We require Contact information to be enable to communicate with you during the whole job application process. Prior to your job application, we process Contact information based on our legitimate interest, to be able to respond to your questions;
- Leyden Labs requires to process Information regarding your qualifications, in order to assess your potential fit for our vacancy. We process above-mentioned personal data for our legitimate interest to find the best candidate for our job and include you in the job application process, and upon moving towards the employment stage, in preparing of an employment contract;
- Any references you provide will be processed based on our legitimate interest, to be able to better assess your application and reach a decision;
- In order to evaluate and improve our vacancies, inter alia identifying improvements of vacancy text and ways to target the correct audience, we process (a) Location information from the Contact Information (geography) and (b) Information regarding your qualifications to generate aggregated overviews in order to discover trends in demographics and skill sets of all candidates, which aggregated data can no longer identify an individual person. We process above-mentioned aggregated personal data to generate based on our legitimate interests, which is being able to improve our recruitment procedure;
- We may process (Data concerning health to support you, for example, in case of disability in order to make proper arrangements during the interview and during employment. We only process aforementioned personal data to be able to make the arrangements we are legally (and ethically) required to take to support you in the work environment, and we will not record this information for any other purposes.
Who receives your personal data?
- Within Leyden Labs, your personal data is processed by the People team as well as by the interviewers from different departments involved in the interview process.;
- The provider of our job application software, which we use to enable online job applications and tracking the job application procedure;
- Your former employer(s) or others to verify your references. The only information that will be disclosed to these parties is that you have applied for a job at Leyden Labs, no further information regarding your application will be shared with these parties.
How long do we keep your data?
- Any personal data related to your application will be stored for a maximum of four weeks after the completion of the job application procedure, or up to a year with your permission, which permission you can retract at any time;
- Health data will only be retained for as long as required to make proper arrangements during the interview.
We take information security very serious at Leyden Labs.
Your personal data is kept within a secure candidate tracking system. Employees who are part of the job application process will receive access to your personal data from this system. As per our policy, employees of Leyden Labs are not allowed to share or store candidate information within their own mailbox.
If employees print your personal data to take to an interview, they are instructed to destroy these prints after the job application.
Data subject rights
You have various rights with regard to your personal data. We will never charge you any costs related to the data subject rights provided to you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), except for exceptional situations (when excessive or manifestly unfounded requests are filed).
To make use of your data subject rights, you can contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
As the Data Protection Officer is obligated to reasonably establish the identity of a data subject that wants to use their data subject rights, you might be asked for additional means to identify yourself, for example, using a copy of your identification papers.
The following data subject rights are available, and will be provided to you in accordance with the GPDR.
The GDPR grants you, as data subject, the possibility to exercise certain rights in relation to your personal data. In normal situations, using your data subject rights is made possible to you, free of charge.
To enforce your data subject rights, you can contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that, if necessary, we will request information to verify your identity.
If we cannot (fully) grant you a data subject right you have requested, we will inform you of the reason(s) why we are unable to do so.
You may exercise the following rights:
- Right to Access: You may request information about your personal data, including which data is processed and to what end, as well as how long your data will be stored. To answer these questions, we may often refer you to the information in this privacy statement;
- Right to rectification, erasure and restriction: In case of inaccurate personal data, you may ask this data to be corrected, amended or supplemented; you also have the right, under certain circumstances, to ask that your personal data is erased, or restricted from being further processed. Be aware though, that this could result in us not being able to provide you our services, or only in a less functional manner;
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive your personal data, under certain circumstances, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format which might be transferable to another data controller;
- Right to object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where you have a compelling reason specific to your personal situation. We may refuse your objection when personal data are needed for execution of a certain contract or when processing is within the limits of the initial purpose of processing;
- Right to lodge a complaint: If, for any reasons, you feel we do not handle your personal data correctly, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com. However, if you still feel that your personal data is not handled correctly, you have the right to lodge a complaint to a competent data protection authority.
Please click here to find information on all data supervisory authorities in Europe.
Automated decision-making including profiling
Leyden Labs does not make use of fully automated decision-making technologies during their job application process: at Leyden Labs humans select humans.
Your personal data as mentioned in this privacy statement is not transferred outside of the European Economic Area.